By Garann Means
By Douglas Crockford
• usual expressions
• attractive features
By Michael Hammond
I hate to write down damaging experiences, yet this ebook merits it. either the name, "Programming for Linguists," and the subtitle, "Perl for Language Researchers," are deceptive. This e-book is admittedly simply one other "Perl for Dummies" e-book, and never an outstanding one. there isn't any code right here that's proper to both linguistics or language learn. Linguists who are looking to study Perl will be at an advantage with an introductory textual content from O'Reilly.
By W Jason Gilmore
- Written for the budding net developer trying to find a strong, reasonably cheap resolution for construction versatile, dynamic sites.
- Essentially 3 books in a single: offers thorough introductions to the personal home page language and the MySQL database, and exhibits you the way those applied sciences should be successfully built-in to construct robust web pages.
- Provides over 500 code examples, together with real-world initiatives equivalent to growing an auto-login function, sending HTML-formatted electronic mail, checking out password guessability, and importing documents through an online interface.
- Updated for MySQL five, contains new chapters introducing triggers, saved systems, and perspectives.
By Valentin Bojinov
During this period of cloud computing, each information provisioning resolution is in-built a scalable and fail-safe approach. hence, whilst construction RESTful prone, the appropriate selection of the underlying platform is key. Node.js, with its asynchronous, event-driven structure, is simply the precise option to construct RESTful APIs. This ebook can be your step by step consultant within the RESTful global of Node.js. It starts off with the implementation of an easy HTTP handler software and follows its evolution to a accomplished RESTful provider answer, which introduces you to the simplest practices in constructing RESTful companies. What you are going to study find out about NoSQL information shops and combine MongoDB on your Node.js program with Mongoose set up, enhance, and attempt your individual Node.js person modules dispose of third-party dependencies on your exams with mocking understand the diversities among an HTTP and RESTful software Optimize RESTful provider URI routing with top practices safe your prone with NoSQL database integration inside of Node.js purposes
By Ray Yao
By Cody Lindley
By Chuck Easttom
This e-book covers utilizing JFC/Swing in a very effortless to stick to demeanour. if you can't comprehend this publication, you then may still hand over programming. every thing is spelled out in a simple to stick to step-by-step demeanour with whole code samples so that you can see every thing. My purely proceedings are that its too brief and too expensive. i want to have visible one other a hundred or so pages, and approximately 10 cash much less at the price ticket.
By Scott Murray
This step by step consultant is perfect no matter if you're a clothier or visible artist without programming adventure, a reporter exploring the hot frontier of information journalism, or a person who desires to visualize and percentage info.
* Dynamically generate online page components out of your data—and decide on visible encoding ideas to variety them
* Create bar charts, scatter plots, pie charts, stacked bar charts, and force-directed layouts
* Use soft, lively transitions to teach alterations on your data
* Introduce interactivity to assist clients discover information via diverse views
* Create custom-made geographic maps with data
* discover hands-on with downloadable code and over a hundred examples
By Will Goldstone
Build absolutely useful, expert 3D video games with practical environments, sound, dynamic results, and extra!
* Kick commence video game improvement, and construct ready-to-play 3D video games with ease
* comprehend key options in video game layout together with scripting, physics, instantiation, particle results, and more
* attempt & optimize your online game to perfection with crucial tips-and-tricks
* Written in transparent, simple English, this booklet is choked with operating examples and cutting edge ideas
online game engines are relevant to the games we all know and love. From the paintings to the maths that underpin the frames onscreen, the engine calls the pictures. apart from supplying one of many major 3D video game engines, solidarity additionally offers a superlative improvement instrument - a device which may produce specialist commonplace video games for Mac, computing device, and the cohesion net Player.
This e-book is a whole workout in video game improvement masking environments, physics, sound, debris, and lots more and plenty extra, to get you up and dealing with solidarity quickly.
Taking a realistic procedure, this publication will introduce you to the techniques of constructing 3D video games earlier than attending to grips with improvement in cohesion itself. From growing 3D worlds to scripting and growing easy video game components you'll research every thing you'll have to start with video game improvement for the computer, Mac, and net.
This publication is designed to hide a suite of straightforward to persist with examples, which culminate within the creation of a primary individual 3D video game, whole with an interactive island atmosphere. through introducing universal techniques of video game and 3D creation, you'll discover harmony to make a personality have interaction with the sport international, and construct puzzles for the participant to unravel, that allows you to entire the sport. on the finish of the ebook, you've a completely operating 3D video game and all of the abilities required to increase the sport extra, giving your end-user, the participant, the easiest adventure attainable. quickly you may be developing your individual 3D video games with ease!
What you are going to research from this book?
* An knowing of the cohesion 3D Engine and online game improvement
* construct a 3D island and set of mini-games to your avid gamers
* contain terrains and externally produced 3D versions to get your video game setting up and working
* construct your individual first individual participant personality
* mix scripting and animation to rework your static items into dynamic interactive video game parts
* upload realism in your video games through the use of particle platforms
* Create a qualified, easy-to-navigate menu and hyperlink the menu scene with degrees of your online game
* upload sound, lights results, real looking shadows, and different dynamic results in your video game atmosphere
* growing gorgeous consumer interfaces with textures and scripting
The revealed model of the publication is in black and white, yet a whole colour model of the pictures is out there for obtain right here. The booklet model, on hand from Packt, is in complete colour.
Who this booklet is written for?
If you're a fashion designer or animator who needs to take their first steps into video game improvement, or if you've easily spent many hours sitting in entrance of games, with rules effervescent away at the back of your brain, solidarity and this ebook could be your start line. No earlier wisdom of online game creation is needed, inviting you to easily carry with you a keenness for making nice video games.