By Alan E. Comyns
This reference presents concise descriptions of these chemical tactics which are recognized through targeted names which aren't seen or self-explanatory. Containing 2,600 entries, this moment variation contains info at the many new approaches constructed and commercialized, in addition to new info on outdated processes.Encyclopedic Dictionary of Named methods in Chemical know-how provides a heterogeneous number of names- inventors, businesses, associations, locations, acronyms, abbreviations, and noticeable corruptions-of the chemical nomenclature. the writer has adapted the entries to mirror significance and topicality. quite often, the techniques in present use have the longest entries, although, he additionally devotes extra space to a couple out of date strategies that carry specific technical curiosity or old significance.The appendix is an index to product names, permitting readers to spot strategies used for making specific items.
Read or Download Encyclopedic Dictionary of Named Processes in Chemical Technology PDF
Best encyclopedias books
The single entire connection with the advance and current nation of yankee schooling, "Encyclopedia of yankee schooling, 3rd version" contains greater than 2,000 entries spanning the colonial interval to the current. This authoritative three-volume reference offers a wealth of knowledge on almost each element of schooling, from the evolution of college curriculum, schooling investment, and church-state controversies to the most recent debates on multiculturalism, prayer in class, and intercourse schooling.
The Social technological know-how Encyclopedia goals to supply a wide, authoritative, obtainable and updated insurance of the social sciences in a handy layout. it truly is meant for a classy yet no longer unavoidably expert readership, together with social scientists, scholars, newshounds, managers, planners and directors, and certainly all people with a significant curiosity in modern educational pondering the person in society.
''This quantity enshrines and preserves the essence of what the television Western has constantly been all approximately. '' --Fess Parker, big name of the Davy Crockett and Daniel Boone television sequence, from the forewordSince the start of tv, Westerns were enjoying at the small display. From the mid-1950s until eventually the early Nineteen Sixties, they have been one in every of TV's preferred genres, with hundreds of thousands of audience tuning in to such well known indicates as Rawhide, Gunsmoke, and Disney's Davy Crockett.
`Every at times one stumbles throughout a breath of unpolluted air and this sensible learn consultant is definitely considered one of them! .. it will likely be doubtless fresh for these people who continue going to the sector and who maybe have forgotten the human size of study. in the event you supervise scholars the publication might be an invaluable resource of notion.
- The seeds of speech: language origin and evolution
- Heads of State and Government
- The Princeton Encyclopedia of Poetry and Poetics: Fourth Edition
- Politics of Water: A Survey
- The Gale encyclopedia of science vol 2
- Encyclopedia of Nuclear Magnetic Resonance, Volume 9
Extra info for Encyclopedic Dictionary of Named Processes in Chemical Technology
3. Bensmann A process for recovering lubricating oils by treatment with a strong acid, followed by fuller’s earth. Invented in 1926 by N. Bensmann in Germany. German Patent 472,184. , Oel Kohle, 1933, 1, 159. Benson A process for converting methane to ethylene, developed by Hydrocarbon Research, CA. Eur. Chem. News, 1982, 39(1049), 31. Benzoraffin A hydrofining process for treating naphtha fractions derived from coal. It is a fixed-bed, gas-phase process using a cobalt/molybdenum oxide catalyst.
Barffing See metal surface treatment. Bari-Sol A petroleum *dewaxing process using solvent extraction by a mixture of dichloroethane and benzene. Unzelman, G. , and Wolf, C. , in Petroleum Processing Handbook, Bland, W. F. and Davidson, R. , McGraw-Hill, New York, 1967, 96. Barium A process for making hydrogen peroxide by reacting barium peroxide with sulfuric or phosphoric acid: BaO2 ϩ H2SO4 ϭ BaSO4 ϩ H2O2 The barium peroxide was made using the *Brin process. The barium was recovered by reducing the sulfate with carbon, and then converting this barium sulfide to the oxide via the carbonate: BaSO4 ϩ 2C ϭ BaS ϩ 2CO2 © 1999 by CRC PRESS LLC Phosphoric acid was sometimes used instead of sulfuric acid.
1. , Chem. Ind. , 337. BUTACRACKING A process for converting iso-butanes to iso-butene, which can then be converted to gasoline-blending components such as methyl t-butyl ether. Developed by Kinetics Technology International. Monfils, J. , Kapur, S. , and Woerde, H. , 1992, 71(2), 47. Butamer [Butane isomerization] A process for converting n-butane into iso-butane; conducted in the presence of hydrogen over a dual-functional catalyst containing a noble metal. Developed by UOP and licensed worldwide since 1959.
Encyclopedic Dictionary of Named Processes in Chemical Technology by Alan E. Comyns